My current work days usually start around 7am so quick breakfasts packed with nutrition are a must. One of my favorite go-to breakfasts is an easy Sunday meal prep: egg muffins. I usually use a full dozen eggs and freeze the muffins so that the recipe takes me through a couple weeks of work before I have to meal prep again. I pair it with a banana and a coffee or tea with cashew milk.
Egg muffin recipe – makes 12 egg muffins
- 12 eggs
- spices to taste (my current favorite mix is garlic sea salt, black pepper and smoked paprika)
- 1 cup chopped meat (I usually use whatever leftover meats I have in the fridge – bacon, ham, and chicken tend to work really well)
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables (I’m really loving broccoli and carrots right now)
- 1 handful of greens (kale or spinach are my go-tos)
*Have fun with the ingredients! I love to change it up with each meal prep so that I don’t get bored with the same egg muffins each morning.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease muffin pan with cooking spray (I use EVOO spray but butter or coconut oil works too!)
- Crack eggs and mix with your spices.
- Divide the meat, veggies, and greens evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Pour your egg mixture over the top, divided equally between each.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool before popping them out of the pan.
- Freeze to enjoy on those rushed mornings! (I heat them in the microwave for about 2 minutes while I make my coffee.)
**Tips to make meal prep even easier and faster – I keep a bag of frozen grilled chicken and a bag of frozen veggies in my freezer so that no matter what I always have healthy ingredients for a quick meal at the ready. I add them to salads, stir-fries, or to these egg muffins when I haven’t had time to run to the store for fresh ingredients.