It’s that time of year: the season of the endless colds and the flu. I’ve built up a little wellness toolkit for myself to boost my immunity so that I won’t have to miss out on any of the wonderful fun that winter brings.
– Fresh air – Daily walks with my dog and time in the sun (when it’s out and shining) keeps my body moving and gives me a dose of natural Vitamin D.
– Gaia Bronchial Wellness – Immunity boosting herbs to give the body that extra little boost to combat all the colds that we are exposed to during this time of year.
– Water, water, water – I carry a 24oz water bottle with me everywhere I go. I also love keeping a glass of water next to me with lemon juice or fruit/mint in it, which makes it a little more fun to drink.
– My turmeric tea – A sweet way to end the day that is filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients to fight off any colds.
– Diffuser and Plant Therapy germ fighter – My germ fighter oil full of immunity-boosting herbs is a constant in my diffuser this time of year.
**Plant Therapy is my go-to company for essential oils. Family-owned, great quality, and affordable. There are also tons of other great companies out there that sell equivalent oils.
– Green juices and smoothies – Easy, grab-and-go meal that packs a punch. There are so many wonderful variations of green smoothies out there. One of my favorite quick smoothies is a couple handfuls of spinach, half a frozen banana, 1 scoop of protein powder, a dash of cinnamon, and a cup of cashew milk.
What are some of your favorite ways to build up your immunity during the winter season?